This actually sparked something funny that happened in Primary the other day. She is a new Sunbeam and seems to love being a big girl. Well, our theme this year is "My Eternal Family" and the theme song talks about being a builder, working each day, to build your family. Alyssa's eyes got really big when they started to sing it that she stands up and says, "I'm a builder!" The chorister said, "Yes, Alyssa. Your family is building a new house huh?" Alyssa answers, "Yep and my Grandpa is "Bob the Builder" and I'm "Bawbwa" the builder (and no its not misspelled, that's how she pronounces Barbara". Everyone in the Primary room just busts out laughing. I guess no family jokes will ever be a secret with her around! Just be careful or we may have it brought up in our next singing and sharing time! : )
March 14, 2009
Meet Barbara, "Barbara the Builder"
As you know, we have been really busy with our new house. When we first started building, Alyssa loved to go around and measure everything. The poor thing has only known building this house from the day she was born so for it to actually be happening, it's no wonder she has really shown and interest in it! For Christmas, Alyssa got a new tool belt with all the "fixins". She has a real tape measure, levels, hammer (that is so real she thought she might distress some stuff for me), chalk line, safety glasses, gloves, and a flashlight. And to make the whole onsomble complete, she had to add her princess cell phone. One day, Katie and I were joking around and we said she should be called, "Barbara the Builder" because ever since she got her tool belt, she has wanted to go and help Grandpa. We have joked saying that Dad is "Bob the Builder" because he is always out to the house checking things out to make sure everything is going according to plan and to try to get in on some of the action. If he can help the sub contractors with something, he is all for it. THANKS DAD!!! YOU'RE THE BEST! Well, I had to finally take her out to the house one day so she could help Grandpa. She loved it!! I couldn't stop laughing at how cute she was. Here are a few pictures of our daughter, "Barbara".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Well, I thought I would add some manliness to our page. This is Joe's buck that he shot this last fall with Trevor. Boy we sure have enjoyed the summer sausage and jerky!




3 comments:
Alyssa is so funny...she and Lily seem a bit alike, they can be so dramatic and all about princesses one minute and the next minute, little tomboys ;) And, as a primary teacher, I agree that many family secrets are revealed during sharing time, haha.
That is so stinnking cute!! I love Barbara the Builder ;) I can only imagine her distressing things for you, haha. Where are some new pics of this house?! I want to see how far a long it is now!
That is the cutest story! Kailey can't wait to see "Barbara"! I love the new pictures of the house and all of the adorable ones of Presley too! Thanks for sharing! I feel bad I haven't been out there to see the house yet. I love it! We would be happy to come and help you paint if you want us to. Just let us know! Trev has a lot of time on his hands lately! Love ya!
Post a Comment