Katie has been counting down for this day for MONTHS!! The day finally came and boy was she nervous. She looked so beautiful in her white gown. She looked so grown up. It was such a "Special" day for her and for us. When she was done, she come in and said, "I want to do that again Mom!" Too bad you can't! Sometimes we all could use a practice dunk to get rid of the nerves. We made sure her hair wouldn't float up and Daddy put his toes on hers so they wouldn't pop up either. While she was getting dressed, she turned to me and said, "Mom, this is the start of a new life for me." I always want her to remember that day and how she felt. It was neat to have our family here for her.
"A truly rich man is one whose chilren run into his arms when they are empty"
Well, I thought I would add some manliness to our page. This is Joe's buck that he shot this last fall with Trevor. Boy we sure have enjoyed the summer sausage and jerky!
The Fam
Our Beautiful Girls
Katelynn Brooke
She is always doing something to make you laugh!
Alyssa Paige
She loves posing for pictures. Quite the little supermodel!
Presley Morgan
She did NOT want to sit on the ground so she is pulling a funny face!
While in the sealing room in the temple, the tour guide explained what the mirrors represented. While Mom was showing Katie, I stood up to show Alyssa. When we looked in the mirror, she turned to me and said, "Mommy, these are our blessings." I don't think any other words could have been more perfect.
Katie said she liked seeing lots and lots of Katie's, Grandma's, Mommy's and the chandeliers!
Things Alyssa said about the Temple
When they showed us the baptismal font she said, "look Mommy, bathtub!"
She loved seeing the chandeliers in the Celestial Room. She just looked up and said, "Ooh, Sparklies"!
While walking through, we saw so many pictures depicting Christs' life and she would turn to me and say, "Mommy, look, Jesus." But there was a few other times throughout the tour that she would just quietly whisper "Jesus".
We were walking back down the stairs and she said, "Mommy are we going? I told her "Yes" and then she said, "Can we go again?"
1 comment:
I was totally choking up reading this to the kids! Wish we could've been there, congratulations Katie! We love you!
Post a Comment