January 27, 2010

The House

The last time I posted anything about the house, it was about this time last year and we had just finished sheet rocking. Boy have things changed since then. I didn't get any pictures taken of the front of the house this summer. We are going to try to get some grass planted this year but we'll see. If you can't tell, from the slide show, I LOVE OUR HOUSE especially my KITCHEN. We have sure loved having more room. It doesn't look big but when your cleaning, it sure takes awhile! : ) It's nice and cozy and a project that I am glad to be finished with! The girls finally decided that they liked playing downstairs. Once we get to finish the basement, I think that we will probably never see them or maybe we can be the "cool house" that all the kids want to come and hang out here! : ) You can see from the pictures that I don't have much decorating done. I have some ideas in my mind and I just haven't been able to go shopping to get a few things. I just can't bring myself to put holes in the walls yet. Hopefully I can get to Hobby Lobby and raid the home decor department or receive some type of inspiration and maybe some creative ambition to try and make something myself. The only problem is having the $$$ to go with the ideas. If you have any decorating ideas or websites I can visit, let me know. Anything will help. I am serching for an entry table right now and one to go at the end of the hallway but am not having any luck so far. I did find some lamps for my tables..(when I get them), at COSTCO! They are pretty cool and I got such a great deal on them.

4 comments:

Jeff said...

Joe's nice buck antlers would look great in the entrance way:) Maybe this year if he goes bear hunting he can have a rug made and put it up on the wall. That would look awesome.

Unknown said...

It's beautiful Mandy. Good work! I'm a wittle bit jealous... :) When and if I get around to V.T., you'll have to show me around! I love your family. So beautiful!

Andrea said...

I love love love your house!! You guys did such a great job, it's beautiful! I love your island and cabinetry and fixtures...can't wait to see it all in person~ soon!

Jake & Rachel said...

Don't you love Hobby Lobby?! Did you know you can go online and print of a 40% off coupon for one item. We have one up the street and I use the coupon every time I go in. Your house is beautiful and my favorite is the kitchen too. I would have your exact kitchen if I could!!

"A truly rich man is one whose chilren run into his arms when they are empty"


Well, I thought I would add some manliness to our page. This is Joe's buck that he shot this last fall with Trevor. Boy we sure have enjoyed the summer sausage and jerky!