November 3, 2008

She's Here!!

Well, most of you probably know...our latest arrival came on October 27th. Ok, ok.. maybe not by mother nature but I don't think I could have taken it any longer. I went into the hospital Monday morning to be induced. I was only 2 days from my due date. Believe me, I tried to get it done earlier but I couldn't convince the doctor enough. I even went in and had 2 massages and an adjustment but I guess she was just too comfortable in there!

Being induced wasn't bad at all. Infact, I wanted everyone to go on about their day and go to work and school. I figured since I was having her in town that I could just call them when things started to happen. Joe came around noon so it was good to have him there. He was taking the phone calls for me about the construction on the house. (Not really the best time to be calling me asking me what we wanted to do about the cement flat work : )) Anyway, things went really well with the delivery.

At 6:30 p.m. , PRESLEY MORGAN was born, weighing 7 pounds, 7 ounces and 21 inches long. She has really long fingers and toes, dark hair and chubba cheeks and boy does she have a good set of lungs. Right after she was born, she just let out a big cry! You wouldn't know that now though. She is the best baby. She hardly makes a sound. And her sisters definately LOVE her! The look on their faces when they came in to see Presley was priceless. I am so lucky to have 3 beautiful girls who will be my best friends forever!
Katie is such a great helper. She holds Presley whenever I need her to and is so willing to help me out. The other day she just got up and made muffins and hot chocolate for breakfast (all by herself). They were GREAT!! Alyssa can't get enough of her new baby. She loves to hold her and thinks she can do everything I can for the baby. She likes to help change diapers, and get anything that I need. Its great because I catch her just singing to her and Presley is mesmorized.



This was taken the other night around 1:00 in the morning. Alyssa had a really late nap and just wouldn't go to sleep. She was coloring her "homework" while I was feeding Presley and she finally said, "Ok Mom, now what do I do?" I told her to just lay down and rest her eyes for a minute and when I looked over, she was asleep so I just layed Presley by her and looked at them. There is nothing more peaceful than a sleeping child. But holy cow! Alyssa seems so big compared to her sister now. They definately don't stay little for long. Treasure every moment!


8 comments:

Trevor and Amy said...

She is absoloutely gorgeous! I wish I could be there to hold her and snuggle with her. They grow out of that all too fast! We'll have to come see her soon! It's a good thing you have such good helpers and Presley has such great sisters. Love and miss you!

Andrea said...

SO PRECIOUS!!! Amy's right...she IS gorgeous, I love her chubba cheeks! I can totally imagine Katie helping you and being so responsible, what sweet sisters Presley has! I'm so glad the inducing went well. Oh, and you are so lucky they did it before your due date~ aside from Dane, they made me wait till I was A WEEK over, could you imagine 9 or 10 days longer? And ask mom, I was not comfortable!
We're so happy for you guys~~busy but blessed times! Miss & love you all!

Jake & Rachel said...

Yay Mandy! It's over!! Presley is so beautiful! I really loved seeing the pictures Mom brought home of her. I can't believe that dark hair, who knew your blondies started off so dark? You're right, cherish every moment with them being so little, it makes me so sad that Brynn is so big now. I can't wait to meet her!! I hope you are feeling better and getting some sleep. We love you guys!!

Jake & Rachel said...

and, if I didn't write enough already, I forgot to say I LOVE the names Presley Morgan!!

Anonymous said...

so cute, congrats. i love the name!

ANDY and MANDY said...

Congrats! She is just as cute as your other girls. Hope all is going good. Take care!

Classicphotos said...

Presley is beautiful Congrats!!!
Love you guys
Aunt Cheri

Andrea said...

I WANT TO SEE NEW PICTURES OF PRESLEY! Sorry, I got a little impatient when I saw the new background but no new pictures :D
love & miss you guys!
p.s. tell Joe if you go to Brittany & Nick's blog from mine, he can see Ryan Johnson's wedding pics

"A truly rich man is one whose chilren run into his arms when they are empty"


Well, I thought I would add some manliness to our page. This is Joe's buck that he shot this last fall with Trevor. Boy we sure have enjoyed the summer sausage and jerky!