Alyssa: "Mommy, are we going out to the property?"
Mommy: "Yes. Do you like going out there?"
Alyssa: "Ya, are we going to go over the lake?"
Mommy: "Yes, but it's a reservoir, not a lake, babe."
Alyssa: "It's a lake Mommy. Is your car going to be a boat?"
Mommy: "A what?"
Alyssa: "A boat! We need it to be a boat to cross the lake."
Mommy: "Mommy's car doesn't turn into a boat. That is only pretend on TV."

Alyssa: "Why doesn't your car be a boat? Rocket does."
Mommy: "Rocket?"
Alyssa: "Ya, Rocket! You know, on Little Einsteins!" (said in a disgusted way, like I'm supposed to remember all of these things.) "He turns into a boat so they can go in the water! They just push the buttons. Doesn't your car have buttons Mom?"

Mommy: "My car has all kinds of buttons (that I still haven't figured out what they all do) but I don't think I have a button that turns the car into a boat. Sorry."
Alyssa: "Oh." (sounding disappointed)
Mommy: "That would be pretty fun though to have a car turn into a boat." (Thinking... that if we ever do have something like that someday, I would never see Joe because he would always be over to the golf coarse!)
Alyssa: (laughing) "Ya, it would be!"
I am just amazed at some of the things that she says. She is always thinking and has a pretty thought out answer for everything. Who knows, maybe when she is old enough to drive, there will be cars that will turn into boats at the push of a button. :)
I am so grateful to have the opportunity to stay home with my kids and get to have all these funny special little moments with them. Nothing in the world could ever be more important or replace the time we have with our children. Thank you Joe for working so hard so that I can stay home with our kids and have the best job in the world!
P.S. Here is a picture of my "wanna-be" boat car! : ) It can do almost anything... but go through the reservoir!




3 comments:
Such a funny conversation, she's hillarious! It's true, those moments are priceless! I wonder if we'd even realize how much we were missing out on if we weren't with them for those simple, yet profound conversations?!
I love your car~ girls who drive silver/gray Expeditions are SO smart & cool & fun ;}
I can't wait to have those conversations! Alyssa is so funny! It would be nice though to have a car like that...
And I guess I better get myself an expedition if I want to keep up with my sister-in-laws!
That conversation was hilarious! Alyssa never ceases to amaze me! She is so dang smart! It will be fun when Kailey starts talking like Alyssa. I love your new car! I haven't seen it yet! It's sad that we live so close, but I never see what's going on. It's a good thing we got our blogs! Hope you are feeling good! Take it easy! We don't need that baby here any earlier than she is supposed to! Love ya!
Post a Comment