September 21, 2008

Labor Day Camping!

Well, I better get up to date on some things. We had our usual Labor Day camping trip and it was sure nice to get away even if it was only for 3 days! The kids all had a blast. I don't know if they could cram any more into their days. They were going constantly! Katie and Alyssa seemed to get rides on any four wheeler that was leaving camp. Pretty soon Katie will have to start learning how to drive them. I remember driving the four wheelers around to put my little brother to sleep. : ) Who knows... maybe next year, Katie!


I decided to start bringing out this princess tent for Alyssa, Kiersten and Kailey. Katie got it when she was little and it has only been used in the living room. I thought it would be a fun little get-a-way for them because the older kids have a fort that they always play in. It's a fort that all of us kids made when we were little. It's fun to see them get excited about going in and cleaning it up. :) Anyway, the girls loved playing in the tent and would get out Alyssa's princess hair styling things. All you would hear from them was giggling! They sure make you wish to be a kid again!

It started to rain a little when we were there so Alyssa got out her umbrella and her and Kiersten would walk along singing in the rain. It was so cute! They definitely have a lot of fun together. It sure has been fun to have girl cousins so close in age.

3 comments:

Trevor and Amy said...

I love the princess tent pictures! Super cute! The umbrella pictures are cute too! It was fun seeing you out camping!

Andrea said...

So cute...I wanna be a kid again too and get to play in that tent, how fun! I sooo want to go camping after seeing those pictures, it's so beautiful there!! Maybe we'll go soon, they say the camping is good in North Carolina.

Jake & Rachel said...

wow, that is one pink princess tent!

"A truly rich man is one whose chilren run into his arms when they are empty"


Well, I thought I would add some manliness to our page. This is Joe's buck that he shot this last fall with Trevor. Boy we sure have enjoyed the summer sausage and jerky!