
Our "hopefully soon-to-be" view from our property. A week or so ago, we drove out to the property so we could remember why we are wanting to build. While we were out there, we saw two deer feeding on what would be Mom & Dad's yard and some of ours. It was fun just to watch them. They were really hard to see because of the fall wheat but occasionally their ears would poke out and you could see their little antlers too. Alyssa loved to use Daddy's "noculars" to see them!



This is the view of Great Grandma Gunnel's ranch house from our property. I'm sure in the house we will be able to see a little more than the barn but Mom & Dad's you will be able to see the whole thing! It's really neat to see it there and to learn more and more of the little things she did while living in that little white house.
Camping:
The clan at Gray's Canyon! Boy was it gorgeous! We even had pet deer in our camp! Every day you would see them around and we even saw them at night in our camp. Kailey dumped her popcorn and the next thing we know, Amy has a deer feeding right behind her chair! : )

This is a cute picture of the grandkids that Amy did for Mom! She likes to have this on her desk at work! Finally, they were all looking at the camera! : ) CUTE KIDS!
Aunt Amber had a butterfly flying around her and it landed where she could get it. Alyssa went crazy over it and so Amber put it on her. It seemed like that was all she talked about but it was cute to see her fuss over this little orange butterfly.
I'm not sure how to post a slide show in the middle of your post so I will put them at the end.
My Black SS Chevy Impala~
Well, when your husband is the Sales Manager at a car dealership you just need to learn NOT to get attached to certain things. Well, I opened my mouth about a year ago and said I would really love to have a black SS impala. Well, it wasn't a few weeks later and Joe had one to show me. An couple in their 70's had bought it and 3 months later said it was "too much car" for them. So Joe had me come and drive it. I was hooked. We could do it with the two girls and it was a sporty little thing. I loved driving it but then we found out baby #3 was coming and we still thought that we could fit everything in it.
Well, we kind of tossed around the idea of getting a bigger car but thought we would wait a little bit. One day, Joe called me up and said there were some people at the dealership who wanted an SS impala but they just sold their last one and to clean out my car so they could "just" drive it. Next thing I know, Joe almost sold it. I wasn't really too happy about it because I wasn't sure what we were going to do without it. We also had someone else who wanted to buy it too. While out camping, Amber talked to me a little about what we were going to do and I was still sold on keeping my car for awhile. Well, on the way home, Joe and I were talking and then next day, he had the same people before come back and it was SOLD!!! (Ok, I told him that it would be alright to sell it even though I had really mixed emotions about it). Alyssa was so upset that Daddy sold her car! She loved that thing and so did we. I felt like a "Sporty Mama" even at '29'. (Katie likes to remind me and everyone else as to how old I am. Thank you Katie!) I think Joe will miss "hot-roding" around town.
I wasn't without a car for long.. It only took Joe two days and now I am driving an Eddie Bauer Expedition. I really like it and it will be good to have 4 wheel drive again, especially for when we move in our house. I will post some pictures later. I give Joe a hard time about how I loved that car so much but boy is it nice to have some room! I'm not getting any smaller and neither are my children! : )
Bear Lake...Again!
Joe finally had a day off so at the last minute we decided to go to Bear Lake for the day. The girls had a blast swimming and I just sat in the shade in our reclining camping chairs and watched. Joe was playing washing machine with them and they loved it. Alyssa had on water wings and would flex them occasionally for us and then float on the noodles with Katie. Sometimes I got a little nervous because she would start to float away....but Joe didn't let her go far. Now every time we talk about swimming or water, she always brings up her day at Bear Lake.
My baby's curls are gone....actually they're still there, just not as long! : )
My baby's curls are gone....actually they're still there, just not as long! : )
Alyssa would sometimes have me straighten her hair and it would go clear down the middle of her back. She looked a little too grown up when I did that. This is only her 2nd hair cut. I snipped off her black baby hair and saved it so it was about time for another good "trim". Her hair is curly, at least for now. Katie's was until she got her hair cut and then it has been straight ever since. Having it short is sure alot easier and she loves it. I have been trying to get her to let me cut it but she would only do it over to Grandma's house. Maybe she felt that Grandma would bail her out if her mom really messed up. I guess I'm not too bad with a pair of scissors but I definately am not going to start a new profession! : )
After:
We had to bribe her to sit still with a blue popsicle!




2 comments:
I love your huge catch up blogs! I wonder what is more work, to post something every week or so or just to do a long one?? I might try your method out :) The views from your property are gorgeous, I would love to live somewhere so pretty. Hopefully your house will be finished by Christmas!!
Wow, you guys have been busy!! It sounds like you've been having fun though! The pics of your view are GORGEOUS! I can't wait to come visit you there! That's fun you got an Expedition, I LOVE mine! And all the room really is wonderful, because when the kids are bugging eachother, you can put one in the back! I love Lyssy's new haircut, it's beautiful, and very princessy! Hope you're not suffering too much with these last few months. Love you & miss you all!
Post a Comment